Friday, February 10, 2006
If truth be told...

Alright. I am Ben and I play Teddy, the oldest son and the 'Homecomer' in the play. Picking up from where U-En left off, please don't believe what Gavin and Patrick have said about me.

First of all, I am not 'happy to be working'. I have been working, contrary to popular belief. Yes, I do enjoy working with different directors. I have just finished a short film with Low Ngai Yuen and a performed play-reading of Epitaph of The Whales with Lim How Ngean. I have also been given the role of Tun Sir Tan Cheng Lock in RTM's Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!. That was the main reason why I couldn't do Julius Caesar. (Yes, I was offered a part...I think it was Third guard, stage left).

Joe Hasham once told me "There are just two types of directors you work with. Those you trust and those you don't work with." I have known Gavin for about 5 years and although he talks an awful lot, he does make sense (from time to time). And judging from the last few rehearsals, I am really happy to be working with him. That boy seems to know what he is doing.

Oh yes, I don't know who read for Gavin or whether or not a certain actor was his first choice as Teddy but whether one is first or last choice, the proof is in the pudding. And if truth be told, Gavin and Patrick secretly fancy me!

p.s. I have the best legs in the cast.

1 Comments:

At 10/2/06 17:33, Blogger patrickteoh said...

Oops Gav. Now the secret it out. How?

 

Post a Comment

<< home

HOME

-- COME WATCH --
March 24 - April 2nd
@ Pentas 2,
Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KL Pac)
Sentul Park, Jln Strachan

All shows @ 8.30 pm
except Sunday matinees 3pm
(No show on March 27) Tickets: RM35;
RM20 for students, senior citizens and disabled

To buy call KLPac 603-4047 9000; or
The Actors Studio, Bangsar
603-2094 9400




RECOMMENDED LINKS
KL Pac
The Actors Studio
Living Arts Malaysia
Harold Pinter


ACTORS BLOGS
Patrick Teoh
Ben Tan
Afdlin Shauki


RECENT DIARY POSTINGS
Loony Lenny
Because Ben Tan wanted it
Friday's rehearsal
Family Pix
Casting and other bits of nonsense
Come home. If you dare.
Why The Homecoming?
And so it begins....


PAST POSTINGS




--Steal these Banners!--





-------
Web Counter
Counter
Project Petaling Street